Category: Community

Community interest news from Dillon County

Life Coach, Former Pastor Addressing Bullying

Sandy Rogers, currently a Counselor and Life Coach and formerly with the Department of Juvenile Justice, and Paul Gasque, a former pastor with the United Methodist Church, were invited to Latta Middle School to present an educational program on the nature and consequences of bullying during National Bullying Awareness Month.  

Dillon/Marion Home School Group Learns About Elections

The Dillon/Marion Home School Group held a Mock Election on Tuesday, November 6 at Little Rock Baptist Church.  

Rev. Harold Cooke Speaks At Mt. Calvary’s 125th Homecoming Service

Rev. Harold Cooke was the guest speaker for Mount Calvary Baptist Church’s 125th Homecoming service held on Sunday, Nov. 11, at 11:00 a.m.

Sickened By Abuse Of Goats

I just read an article in The Dillon Herald that really upset me and sickened me about the abuse to the goats. I know what some of you think that they are just goats who cares, well I do and so do a lot of other people.

God’s Word Shines: The Great Work Of God

Featured this week is Rev. Chris Alderman, the pastor of Little Rock Baptist Church, Little Rock.

Dillon Church Of God Celebrating 90 Years

For 90 years, the Dillon Church of God has been a beacon to the community and surrounding areas of Dillon County.

Latta School Officials Find Goats On FFA Farm Abused

Latta High School officials found several goats on their FFA and agricultural animal husbandry farm last week that had been abused. 

Dillon First Baptist Hosts Trunk-Or-Treat

Dillon First Baptist Church hosted trunk-or-treat on Wednesday, October 31st. (with photo slide show)

East Dillon Baptist Church Trunk-Or-Treat Held

East Dillon Baptist Church held trunk-or-treat. (with photo slide show)

Mount Calvary Baptist Church Holds Fall Festival

Mount Calvary Baptist Church held its annual fall festival. (with slide show)