Category: Community

Community interest news from Dillon County

9-1-1 Director Speaks To AARP Chapter

The Dillon Area Chapter #5336 of AARP, Inc. met on Monday, March 14, 2016, in the meeting room of the Council for the Aging at 2:00 p.m.

Kerria Pernell Wins DAR Good Citizenship Competition

At the March 8, 2016, meeting of the DAR the meeting room at Dillon Wellness Center was full.  Fourteen members and family members of the Good Citizenship Contest winners made for a full house.

Mount Calvary Baptist Church Holds Sunrise And Easter Services (With Photo Gallery)

Mount Calvary Baptist Church held the annual Easter sunrise service on Sunday, March 27, at 7:00 a.m. Mount Calvary Baptist Church held the Easter morning worship service at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 27.

Reading Counts Students Enjoy Easter Egg Hunt

On March 24, 2016, twenty-eight students who had earned an eighty-five percent average or above on all of their tests were eligible to participate in an Easter egg hunt.  

God’s Word Shines: “Fiery Trials and the Joy of Christians”

A group of senior men were talking over breakfast. One old-timer said, “Well fellas, there’s one thing we don’t have to worry about any more … we ain’t gonna die young!”

Pilot Club Meets

The Pilot Club of Dillon met February 25, 2016 at 6:00 pm at the City of Dillon Fire Dept. The meeting was called to order by President Vicki Simerly.

2016 Talent-A-Rama Torchlighters’ Pageant Held

The Alpha Alpha Pi Chi National Sorority, Inc. sponsored the 2016 Talent-A-Rama Torchlighters’ Pageant.  The pageant was held at Manning Baptist Church, Dillon.

Magnolia Garden Club Holds March Meeting

The March meeting of the Magnolia Garden Club was hosted by Casey D. Pitts.

Honduras Mission Team Making A Difference

Back in 2010, one of my church members, Steve Grant, asked me to go with him on a mission trip to Honduras. I didn’t know what to say as I had never been to Honduras and actually had to go find it on a map.

NETC And Coker Partner In Business Management Program

Northeastern Technical College (NETC) and Coker College announced last week that they have partnered together to offer a Business Management Bridge Program for NETC students.