Dillon School District Four announces graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2020.
Each of the district’s high schools will hold an outdoor, in-person ceremony to honor and celebrate their Graduating Class of 2020.
These graduation ceremonies will look very different from those in the past but they will certainly reflect the resiliency of the Class of 2020 and provide a meaningful tribute to our seniors.
Dillon High School and Lake View High School will hold their graduation ceremony on Friday, May 29th at 9:00 AM at each of the high school’s football stadiums.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all district graduations will adhere to current health and safety guidelines (SCDHEC) as well as the recommendations provided by the South Carolina Department of Education (SCDE). School districts have been given special provisions by the Governor’s Office to hold these ceremonies.
The guidelines listed below have been established in an effort to keep our staff, students, and families safe and will be strictly enforced:
• All graduates will receive two (2) tickets for guests as recommended by the South Carolina Department of Education. No one will be allowed to attend without a ticket.
• All Junior Marshals will receive two (2) tickets for guests.
• Social distancing of 6 feet will be used at all times for guests attending.
• Sanitizer stations and masks will be made available at each stadium.
• Restrooms will be available during the graduation ceremonies.
• In the event of inclement weather, the graduation will be held as follows:
Dillon High School – Saturday, May 30th at 9:00 AM.
Lake View High School – Saturday, May 30th at 9:00 AM.
• Seating will be 6 feet apart.
• Graduations will be streamed live on Facebook.
• Graduations will be videoed.
• This is all voluntary for students, faculty, and staff.
More detailed information will be provided to graduates and their families in regards to protocols such as arrival times, traffic flow, dress code, etc.
The district also reminds parents and students that plans may change in response to any unforeseen directives from the SCDE or the Governor’s Office.
On behalf of Dillon School District Four, please accept our most sincere appreciation to our students, parents, and community for your patience and understanding during this time of uncertainty.