Category: Community

T.Z.K. Students Participate in Best of the Carolinas Martial Arts Challenge

The T.Z.K. Karate students participated in The Best of the Carolinas Martial Arts Challenge on Saturday, March 19, at the Conway High School Gym in Conway, South Carolina.

Citizens Enjoyed Apostle Goings’ Columns

As we conclude another month of celebrating African American history, I would like to acknowledge the contribution of one of your guest columnists. I thoroughly enjoyed the two-part documentary written by Apostle Michael Goings. I found it quite interesting that there are pertinent facts relative to my culture that I am completely unaware of, even though I have lived in Dillon all my life.

Lake View Students Collect ‘Pennies For Patients’

Students at Lake View High School recently participated in The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Pennies for Patients program, one of the Society’s national School and Youth Programs that raises money to find cures for leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma while providing information and support services to patients and their families.

Gordon Elementary Principal Speaks At Board Meeting

Gordon Elementary School principal Shawn Johnson, accompanied by Assistant Principal Famon Whitfield III, spoke at the Dillon District Two School Board meeting recently.

Local Students And Educators Win In State Poetry, Poster Contest

Thirty-eight South Carolina public school students and six adult educators have been chosen as winners in a poetry and poster contest held annually by the National Career Development Association and the Office of Career and Technology Education at the South Carolina Department of Education.

Revs. Anderson Called As Team To Peniel Baptist Church

The Revs. Lyn and Adrienne Anderson have been called as a team to Peniel Baptist Church between Florence and Timmonsville.

Alternative Spring Break: Benedict College Students Work At East Elementary

While many college students were spending their spring break at the beach or relaxing, a group from Benedict College came to Dillon this past weekend to donate their time and talents working at East Elementary School.

Local Church Hosting Gospel Meeting

The church of Christ in Dillon will be hosting a gospel meeting March 27th-30th.

Scholarship Established In Name Of Harnethea B. Manning

The children of the late Harnethea B. Manning officially opened a cash scholarship fund in honor of her life at Marshill Bibleway Church of Dillon, where she was a life-long member.

County Receives Donation For Oak Grove Industrial Park

The Dillon County Council learned at their last meeting that they had received a donation from Marlboro Electric Coop and Central Electric for $242,248 to go towards the costs on the Oak Grove Industrial Park.