Taken from the Latta School Board Minutes, April 10, 2018. Minutes submitted are unofficial until approved at the next month’s regular monthly meeting.
The Latta School Board of Trustees met for the regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 6:00 pm in the Latta Middle School Library.
Trustees present were Ray George, Vanessa Harrison, Stuart Poston, Eleanor Powers and JoAnn Williamson. Kyle Berry and Kwame Hennagan were absent.
Vice-Chair Eleanor Powers welcomed all present, and Dr. John Kirby opened with prayer.
There being no corrections or additions to the March 13, 2018 minutes and the current agenda, Stuart Poston made a motion to approve and JoAnn Williamson seconded the motion. Vote was unanimous.
· Donna Taylor presented the status report for February 2018 on the General Fund budget.
· Donna Taylor updated the Board on the local millage rate.
· The state senate budget update was given by Donna Taylor.
· George Liebenrood updated the Board on school renewal plans.
· Robert McIntyre presented the 135th day student attendance report.
· Debra Morris gave a Latta Middle School update.
The meeting reconvened at the Ellis Performing Arts Center. The Latta High School Academic Challenge team members were recognized for winning the Division II State Championship of Academics. The Latta Middle School Academic Challenge team members were recognized for placing second in the State Competition.
The meeting reconvened at the Latta Middle School Library.
Larry Legette gave an update on the Conser Fund.
Dr. John Kirby presented the state student demographic data report. Consolidation articles were shared with the Board by Dr. John Kirby.
Dr. John Kirby updated the Board on the Latta Middle School SRO position.
Eleanor Powers shared the Ellis Performing Arts Center upcoming events with the Board.
· A motion was made by Ray George and seconded by Vanessa Harrison to approve second reading of Policy IKA-R – Grading/Assessment Systems. Vote was unanimous.
· Upon the principals’ recommendation, a motion to approve the resignations of current staff was made by JoAnn Williamson and seconded by Stuart Poston. Vote was unanimous.
· Upon the principals’ recommendation, a motion to approve the professional, paraprofessional and extra duty contracts as presented for the 2018-2019 school year was made by Ray George and seconded by JoAnn Williamson. Vote was unanimous.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:10 pm.