The Dillon High School classes of 1946 and 1947 held a reunion for those who attended Dillon High School in the 1940s and for those who were interested in these classes on Saturday, April 29th at a local restaurant. A buffet luncheon was available. There was good food, a good time, and good memories shared!
Photos by Johnnie Daniels/The Dillon Herald
Click once on a photo to bring it into a single screen, and then again to enlarge.
Members and guests of the Dillon High School classes of the 1940s met on Saturday, April 29, at the B&C Steakhouse for a time of reflection of their early school days. Black and gold, the school’s colors, were used throughout the dining area. A beautiful floral arrangement was given by Mrs. Polly Alford McIntyre who was unable to attend. A memorial center was set up to reflect the theme, “We Remember”, to honor those deceased members.
“Ginger” Martin Bethea, the daughter of the late Superintendent Joe and Mrs. Martin, was welcomed as a special guest.
Mary Skipper Miller, representing the Dillon Historic School Foundation, spoke to the group giving information of its history and the plans for the future of the J.V. Martin Complex.
The rituals of the DHS Friday assemblies were revived by the pledging of the flag, the singing of “Onward Christian Soldiers” and the Alma Mater, “Hail to Thee Our Alma Mater”.
Michael Sapp, Youth Minister at First Baptist Church and the grandson of Jack and Edna Cottingham Sapp, complimented the group on its desire to get together after many years. Also, the importance of seeing each other and the sharing of events which would enrich others lives. He then offered a beautiful prayer for all ages.
Another celebration of life was entered into our “memory banks”.
Thanks to all who attended and to those who assisted.